New guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine administration for family members who are care providers – Read more
Notice: In response to the rapid growth in COVID-19 cases and a substantial increase in hospitalizations and ICU admissions, the State released a Regional Stay Home Order. For more information about the new Regional Stay Home Order, visit covid19.ca.gov.
Inland Regional Center is taking measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community. As an agency, we are operating under the directives of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are also strictly following state and county COVID-19 regulations.
Currently, our Service Coordinators are not making in-person visits. Service Coordinators will stay in touch with our clients and families via telephone, email, and video chat. Other IRC business will also be conducted digitally.
Our Community Engagement team has created this page to help our clients and families during these challenging times. Here you will find helpful links and resources regarding public health resources, IRC service updates, testing locations, food assistance, and much more. We hope this page is of service to our community.
Public Health Information
Inland Regional Center is dedicated to sharing relevant resources with our community regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We believe that the best source of accurate, credible, and timely information are public health organizations.
The following agencies are sharing valuable resources and tips on protecting yourself, local infection data, testing locations, financial/food assistance, and much more.
- Department of Developmental Services – Information and Resources Page
- ARCA – General Resources for Individuals, Families, Workers, Employers
- CDC – How To Protect Yourself and Others
- CDC – Tips for People with Disabilities
- COVID-19 Resources for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Guidance for Individuals with Access and Functional Needs – CDPH (PDF)
- Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities (PDF)
- Tips for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Tips for Caregivers of with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Health Profile Form for People with Disabilities
- COVID-19 Education Resources and Guidance
- COVID-19 Tips for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (English | Español)
- COVID-19 Tips for Caregivers of People with Disabilities (English | Español)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information in Plain Language
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved the use of multiple COVID-19 vaccines in the United States and is working to distribute these to individuals across the country. The State of California is rolling out these vaccines in phases, targeting specific groups based on risk.
Currently, San Bernardino County is operating in Phase 1A and is offering the vaccine to IRC Service Providers, at no cost, under the behavioral and mental health workers category. Service Providers must reside in San Bernardino County and will need to present an ID and pay stub for address verification.
Information regarding vaccines for other individuals, including IRC clients and other unspecified groups, will be made available as it is received.
Find out if you are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine by visiting:
Announcements and Memorandums
Note: We kindly request using remote technology when contacting your loved ones in residential facilities. This is to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and ensure your love ones are safe.
If you need any assistance, please email email@example.com.
- New Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine Administration for Family Members who are Care Providers
- PPE Recommendations and Resources
- Essential Protective Gear (EPG) for IHSS Providers
- California Department of Public Health – Visitor Limitations Guidance
- Public Health Orders to Wear Face Coverings – Riverside County | San Bernardino County
- CDC – Do-It-Yourself Cloth Face Coverings
- Allotment of Personal Protective Equipment
- Essential Services and Continuity of Operations
- Service Updates from our Executive Director
- State of Emergency Statewide – Memo
- Social Security Offices To Only Offer Phone Service
- Transportation Memo – COVID-19
- ICF Provider Memo – COVID-19
Downloadable Materials and Additional Resources
- IEHP – How Can I Get Tested For COVID-19? (PDF)
- CDC – Handwashing and Hand Sanitizer Factsheet (PDF)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF)
- Detenga La Propagación De Los Microbios (PDF)
- 1-Page Plain Language COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations (PDF) – English | Spanish
- Activities While Sheltering in Place (PDF) – English | Spanish
- Five Ways to get Kids to Wear Masks