In early May, Inland Regional Center created a COVID-19 Response questionnaire. This 11-question survey allowed the IRC Community to share their thoughts on how we can best provide support during these unprecedented times. This blog is a recap of the responses, what we learned, and how we plan to utilize this valuable information.
The COVID-19 Response Survey was composed of 11 questions. Six questions were about IRC’s COVID-19 response and how clients and families prefer to receive information. The additional 5 questions were demographic questions such as the respondent’s connection to IRC, the client’s age and ethnicity, the city they live in, and whether they are receiving a service.
IRC clients, family members, and care providers were invited to participate. The survey was housed on our website inlandrc.org and was promoted through social media, IRC newsletters, and parent support groups. The questionnaire was available throughout May and June in both English and Spanish. Though we had a limited number of responses, we are grateful to all who participated. The information provided is invaluable to IRC.
Here is a breakdown of the responses received and survey participants:
- We received 56 responses from the IRC Community: 51 English surveys and five Spanish.
- Family members of IRC clients were the primary category of respondents at 71%. Clients were the second-largest responded group at 13%.
- Clients of all age groups were represented in the survey, with the two largest groups being school-age clients ages 3-15 and adult clients 18-65.
- Most respondents were Caucasian (41%) or Hispanic/Latino (36%).
- Of the respondents, 75% are receiving an IRC-funded service.
- Responses were pretty evenly split between both Counties service by IRC, Riverside, and San Bernardino.
The following infographics represent essential data gleaned from the survey.
What We Learned
We are thankful to all our participants for their candid and thorough feedback. Responses helped us identify areas for improvement in our communication frequency and our means of reaching out. We also understand that there is further work to be done in notifying our clients and families about teleservices. This survey also gives us vital information on client/family concerns about COVID-19 and what types of resources our community needs.
- View the full COVID-19 Response Survey report.
- Visit the IRC COVID-19 page for public health information, testing resources, food assistance, and more.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for IRC updates.
- Sign-up for our quarterly e-newsletter.
- Service Coordinators are available to provide support to our clients and families! Here are some tips for staying in touch with our team while we are working remotely.
- Our clients and families are welcome to email email@example.com to reach our Community Engagement team.
Share this Post